There are various reasons for students to transfer to another school. If you are considering a move, please consider speaking to your child’s Achievement Leader in the first instance. This is an opportunity to raise any concerns that may be prompting the move.
In order to facilitate a smooth transition for both the family and the school, the following process should be followed:
- Parent/Guardian is required to notify the Headteacher in writing, giving the leaving date and detailed reasons.
- Parent/Guardian to complete a Staffordshire County Council In-year Transfer Form – click to access In Year Admissions if the proposed new school is in this Local Authority (Staffordshire).
- Bring form to Main Reception for the Headteacher to complete and sign Section 4 before the leaver/transfer process can begin.
- Take the completed form to the proposed new school for their consideration and for their admission process to start.
- A Clearance Form will be given to your child by their Achievement Leader.
- Parent/Guardian to complete and sign reverse of the Clearance Form.
- Your child will take Clearance Form to each teacher to sign off return of books/equipment.
- On the last day in school your child needs to give the Clearance Form to the Achievement leader for checking and final sign off.
- Parent(s)/Guardian(s) need to ensure that they have cleared all payments on the Parent Pay system.