Drama and Performing Arts Department
“Tell me and I will forget. Show me and I will remember. Involve me and I will understand” Aristotle
- Mrs J. Plant – Head of Department
- Miss H. Williams
Department Aims and Objectives:
- We aim to harness creativity by promoting achievements and excellence not only in examination results but also in personal endeavour.
- We aim to raise pupil’s achievements demonstrated through accelerated progress in both literacy and drama as a learning medium.
- The skills developed through Drama underpin and promote access across the curriculum whereby students can actively evaluate and engage in their learning.
- We aim to promote the highest order of thinking through thought provoking questions of moral responsibility which contribute to higher order thinking skills of evaluation, synthesis and application.
Exam Results 2013:
Key Stage 4
100% A*-C GCSE Drama,
100% Distinction*-Pass Btec Level 2 Performing Arts,
Key Stage 5
100% A*-E A Level Drama and Theatre Studies with 46% achieving A*-B,
100% Distinction*-Distinction at Btec Level 3 Performing Arts.
Key Stage 3: All students are taught in mixed ability groups and have one Drama lesson per week where they have the opportunity to explore Plays, Dramatic Devices, Themes and Issues
Key Stage 4: Students can opt to take either GCSE Drama or Btec Level 1/2 Award in Performing Arts.
Key Stage 5: AS /A2 Edexcel Drama and Theatre Studies.
The Department offers a range of activities throughout the year: House Drama Competition, Performing Arts Club, Musical, Play – all of which are open to ALL students.
Facilities: The Drama Department has two dedicated Drama rooms, a Drama Studio and School Hall. There are also opportunities to have lessons and performances at ‘The Garrick Theatre’