To assist parents and carers in ensuring students have the correct uniform for September, we have updated our guidance on the school website here.
We would draw your attention to a handful of updates that we have been sharing with students in assemblies:
- Optional plain black V-neck knitted jumper (with or without school badge) – we no longer accept grey jumpers or any form of cardigan
- Boys shoes – Plain black shoes (not sports trainers, canvas shoes, mesh material or shoes with obvious logos/emblems)
- Girls shoes – Plain black shoes (not sports trainers or canvas shoes, mesh material or shoes with obvious logos/emblems. Shoes with high heels should not be worn)
- King Edward VI School Skirt or plain black tailored trousers (without zips/writing/studs) – following consultation with students we have added a third type of skirt to be supplied by our two official suppliers
We have also added some further guidance as to our expectations for how uniform should be worn:
Wearing Uniform correctly
- Blazers should be worn before and after school, during lessons, between lessons, and at social times. Teachers may give specific permission within a lesson for blazers to be removed, but they should be replaced before the end of the lesson
- Blazers are optional during the summer term, but must be worn for assemblies and exams. No other item is to be worn over the summer polo shirt e.g. jumper
- Blazer/jumper sleeves should not be rolled up
- Skirts should always be worn at an appropriate length, no more than 5 cm above the knee, and not rolled up at the top
- Shirts should remain tucked in at all times (the summer polo shirt does not need to be tucked in)
- Coats (worn when the weather is poor) must be worn on top of the blazer, and not used as an alternative to the blazer
- The black V-neck jumper is optional, but may not be worn as an alternative to the blazer
Should you have any questions about uniform, please contact the school wherein we will be happy to advise.