Who are we?
We are a dedicated group of students who strive towards improving the environment of the school and educating others about environmental issues. We are based in Room S5 (in Johnson) and meet up every Tuesday lunchtime.
- Mr Shaw
- Rachel Benham
- Beth Devonshire
- Josh Devonshire
- Dan Howell
- Ella Liu
- Julia Polak
- Paul Rankin
- Joanna Weston
What do we do?
As well as doing practical activities such as emptying paper bins and litter picking, we also spend time promoting environmental issues through preparing/presenting assemblies, designing posters and presentations for tutor groups.
What have we achieved?
• Bronze Eco Award
• Silver Eco Award
• Recycling boxes in every class room
• Recycling bins around the school
• Awareness raising assemblies
• Charity event to raise money to sponsor two endangered gorillas
What are our future plans?
• To gain Green Eco School status
• To replace recycling bins in classrooms
• To help the school reduce its energy consumption
• To continue informing fellow students about environmental issues